Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sisters

The best gift my parents ever gave me. We three sisters laugh together, sing together and then fight like there is no tomorrow. The beauty of the relation is that the anger fades but the memories linger till eternity. If one of us makes a mistake all of us are scared. Mom scolds one and sends into the study room and here we are, all three of us walking in with books in our hand. We used to wait for the birthdays. Not only ours, sister's birthdays were also special. It is a bonus!! We all are excited about the gifts because mom taught us sharing. "It’s 'our' gift not 'yours' "as we would say. It still makes me smile how mean we would get at times.

When I hear grown-ups complaining about how their siblings don’t treat them right, I realize that we sisters did the same to each other but it never mattered. After parents, only siblings have the right to express their thoughts to you. They have the right to guide you, tell you about anything and ask you for anything.

As I think about it I wonder why this bond is so special. What is it in the blood that makes the relation so strong? We could never stop fighting when we were young but now when we are miles away from each other, a single day doesn't pass by without thinking about each other. School, job, wedding, kids nothing changes this special relation. I dont know what it is but I thank goodness for one soul and three hearts that share the same blood to create a whole new universe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello .. nice blog there..I share the same sentiments with u regarding the siblings..can't live without them now and can't live with them then :)..Good gng!!