Thursday, September 3, 2009

Drops of Heaven

No matter how much progress mankind makes, true happiness is far from materialistic pleasures. You feel it in your heart and soul. That is what I experienced today and decided to blog about it in a deliberate attempt to save those happy moments. We friends at work have a great morning routine – ping each other and gather in the cafeteria for a quick breakfast. Today was no different (till that point). We all marched up to the cafeteria and found a cozy seat in a corner. As we sat there sipping coffee and chatting about highly relevant and most mundane things of life, this dear friends leans forward to grab our attention. She smiles, pauses and slowly whispers the golden words. All of a sudden the archetypal morning turned into this daybreak full of excitement. We all jumped in excitement and celebrated it with giggles and hugs. I for one, after giving her a brief hug, slipped into my thoughts to celebrate the moment - the bliss of motherhood that is waiting at my dear friend’s doorstep. It is amazing how one person can touch your life and make it so beautiful. How much fun it is when you are able to feel the joy and excitement in someone else’s life to make it yours. Friends are the heartbeat of my life and the rhythm they set makes me dance in joy. Thanks for keeping me sane and sprinkling joy on me.

No comments: