Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It was not just another day.....

As I was going through yet another busy routine day at work, my husband called and said something that sent chills up my spine. He started speaking in a low hush-hush tone and I could tell he is rushing somewhere. Okay so he is going somewhere…..as I worry deeply, I close my eyes and continue to focus on his words rather than the thoughts in my head. I was cold in my palms as he told me the security alarm at home went off. The monitoring company called him and informed the cops as well. Everyone is on the way to rescue us from this situation. My husband hung up and would call me after he figures out what is going on. I sat there with a near mental breakdown thinking what could be so precious in my house that can call for a break in? the new furniture? Oh the new drapes with fancy laces? May be the sterling silver bracelet I bought from Macys. Oh wait, I know what it is the pure gold ring I got for my daughter…..but none of this is worth more than a few hundred dollars. What could it be? What can it be? The phone rings again

So my husband and the cops slowly got into the house. They walked around the house quietly to check each and every room. They could find anything wrong. Still they were very cautious. They came back to the main entrance and waited calmly to notice activity and sounds. They squat with a hand on their weapons (my husband managed to grab the kitchen knife as he was walking around). There..they saw it. A shadow move from the farthest corner of the house towards them. They all stood up as the culprit came into sight, slowly moved into the dining area and settled next to the chair. My husband walked towards the chair and quickly grabbed and almost pierced the knife through the culprit. Yes….its true. It was the mylar balloon reading ‘Congrats!!’. It was floating around as it set off the motion sensor and the security alarms that go with it. The balloon that came in to my home to entertain my daughter. The balloon that my daughter managed to release the previous night. Now check who all it managed to entertain. The cops and the dad got their laughter dose for the day. The security system at home got a thorough testing and I guess we got to use some part of the tax money we gave uncle Sam. J

1 comment:

Divya said...

Hahahhaaa.... you took my breathe away! Cutie is so funny and getting naugthy minute by minute..miss her so much!