Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Droid Withdrawal

On a bright summer afternoon, my dear husband had a rather wide awakening after his Smart phone went blip. Here is his email 2 days later addressed to the rest of the Smart world

------------------------------------




Hello all,





You won't be receiving prompt replies from me anymore! With great sorrow, I bring you this news.





On Saturday, 8/13/2011 at 12:36pm, my Droid met with an accident and though alive, it is presumed clinically dead....I mean Electronically dead. I sent my Droid swimming for a few seconds unintentionally. All efforts were made to revive it, to give it a fighting chance. It did fight back, to live for a brief time, just few seconds of glimmer in its eyes, as if to say goodbye. The display flickered briefly, letting me touch it's touch interface for one last time and then it went black forever. I tried to shock it to life again, but alas, only the ringer came on to speak the last words. Ultimately, it had to be put on the ventilator. After some deliberation and not willing to see it suffer any more, I decided to pull the plug. USB cable that was keeping it alive was removed. And slowly, the one ounce of life it had faded away too. RIP!





My Droid was so attached to me that it accompanied me everywhere, even to places where my wife does not . My wife can attest for the fact that I spent more time with my Droid than her. Slowly but surely, it had taken control of my life delivering to my insatiable demand for information over load. As you can imagine, it was so dear to me that it cannot be replaced with another one. So I did the right thing and also I wanted to get my life back anyway.




I decided to take the road not taken...err..previously taken. Back to my old flip phone. As the Soup Nazi would say....NO DATA FOR YOU!





The last 24 hours have been very rough and also tough. Data withdrawal symptoms are peaking as I write this email. Please forgive the long narrative but it had to be done to scratch the itch.





It will be hard, but I will rebound quickly, it is a question of survival and back to the wild without smart phone. Perhaps my brain has the tools that it once used, stashed away for use in times like these.





Sent from my PC. Droid's DEAD!


1 comment:

Krishna Vasireddy said...

So sorry for you Kiran... lolz that was one nice dead droid story